We combine refined Shea Butter with raw/organic Shea Butter and Apricot Kernel Oil to create an amazing skin-loving moisturizer. Applied once in the morning, your skin will feel soft all day long and you won't need to reapply like you do with lotion. Following are the benefits of the ingredients we use for our Body Butter:
- Shea Butter (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII) is a true skin superfood that has been harvested from the sacred Shea tree in Western Africa and used as a moisturizer for thousands of years. Cleopatra swore by it and had it delivered to her in huge clay pots so she would never run out. The high concentration of fatty acids and natural vitamins makes it perfect for aiding your skin's natural production of collagen which makes your skin stronger. It's perfect for nourishing and moisturizing your skin and hair.
- Apricot Kernel Oil (PRUNUS ARMENIACA) contains gamma linoleic acid that is useful to firm & tone your skin. It also contains Vitamin A & E to soothe and slow down the aging process and contains nourishing properties to soothe dry skin. Previously, we used Sweet Almond Oil in our Body Butter and while it's a great oil, Apricot Kernel Oil penetrates the skin much deeper than the Sweet Almond Oil.
- Arrowroot Powder (MARANTA ARUNDINACEA ROOT) keeps the Body Butter from feeling overly greasy. It also leaves your skin feeling silky.
- Fragrance/Essential Oil (FRAGRANCE) is an option for your Body Butter. Choose from our list of scents or you can choose Unscented. Lavender & Lemongrass are essential oils that are certified to be 100% pure high-grade aromatherapy essential oils. The fragrance oils we use are all paraben/formaldehyde/phthalate free. Using only the best ingredients is the highest priority for us.
- Vitamin E (TOCOPHERYL ACETATE) is used to prolong the life of the butter and oils.
- Preservative (OPTIPHEN PLUS) is a paraben/formaldehyde free preservative we add so the product won't be affected by bacterial mold or any other microisms.
GLUTEN-FREE / VEGAN / CRUELTY FREE